Your Questions, Answered
Curated Retirement Living Made Easy
Choosing a new home and lifestyle is a big decision – you are bound to have questions. Our team is here to help, so do not hesitate to contact us with your inquiry.
Questions About Your Residence
Any home costs money; what sets The Edward apart is the value you’ll get in return. Besides leaving behind property taxes, utilities and home maintenance costs, your lease includes five-star amenities and dining, plus personalized programs and services. It also means your hard-earned money will be spent on something even more valuable – peace-of-mind. Say goodbye to worries about safety and security; life here is carefree and focused instead on what makes you truly happy.
Of course! Pets are welcome here! We know your animal companion means the world to you, and they can stay part of your family at The Edward too.
Absolutely. Guests are always welcome to stay with you in your suite, or you can easily reserve one of our lovely guest rooms for the night, pending suite availability.
Think of The Edward as a community made up of a wide array of people living their lives. You’ll quickly find yourself surrounded by friends of a similar life stage and background. Residents of The Edward can live full, independent lives here, safe in the knowledge that our team is nearby if they ever do need assistance.
Questions About Your Lifestyle at The Edward
With a choice of three dining locations and countless healthy and delicious chef-crafted options for every meal, you’ll never run out of choice at The Edward. Plus, you can dine on your own schedule and with whomever you choose, or even in the comfort of your suite. If you do feel like cooking, your European-style kitchen makes it a breeze.
Here at the Edward, you can come and go as you please, and live the independent lifestyle you already enjoy. Venture out to explore Marda Loop, or visit family and friends; whatever you choose to do, you can get out there and do it. In fact, our luxury chauffeur-driven Bentley will get you there in style!
Absolutely! The Edward helps you find ways to stay connected with the people you care about; have a get-together in your suite, invite guests to dinner in the private dining room, or reserve a social space for a private event.
Quite the opposite! The Edward values your freedom of choice – from meal times to programs, and entertainment to your personal wellness plan, you are firmly in control. We believe you should continue to experience life on your own terms.
Actually, for a lot of people moving to a retirement residence can actually have a rejuvenating effect, both physically and emotionally. The Edward offers countless opportunities to connect with others and to simply enjoy the good life. Joy is a way of life here.
In truth, people often say they wish they’d made the move to a retirement residence long before they actually did. There’s no need to put off your happiness – The Edward is here to help you live the life you want to live, today.
Questions about The Edward & COVID-19
Health and wellness are essential parts of a life well lived. At The Edward, we are dedicated to offering our residents a lifestyle without compromise – one where you can thrive and be your most vibrant self in any situation. Every day, we are going above and beyond to ensure our future residents’ health and wellness needs are met and exceeded.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had many conversations with Calgary seniors and their families. To offer peace of mind and reassurance during a time filled with uncertainty, we have detailed a list of The Edward’s key points of difference for your consideration.
The Edward Difference – Key Highlights:
- A spacious boutique residence – With only 95 individual suites, and over 90,000 sq.ft. of space, you will never feel crowded. The forward-thinking architecture and design of our residence allows us to implement effective social distancing measures as needed.
- Modern security and surveillance system – Our residence is equipped with a high-tech video surveillance system, secure entrances and screened visitor access. We have full control over who comes into The Edward.
- Automatic and keyless entry – To minimize touch points, we have integrated automatic doors and keyless suite access into our design.
- Individually temperature-controlled suites – Due to concrete construction and design, each suite is self-contained with its own HVAC (heating, ventilation and cooling system), and fresh air is circulated from the outside into the suite. In common areas, we have installed an advanced ventilation system, and air flow can be redirected and managed with ease.
- Elevator use and sanitization - If social distancing measures are implemented, The Edward’s north elevators will exclusively go “up”, while the south elevators will go “down”. One person at a time will travel in an elevator, with sanitization after each use.
- Hotel-like room service - If residents are required to remain in their suites, our Red Seal Executive Chef will ensure that healthy and fresh meals are available to all residents at all times, inside their suites.
- Abundant outdoor space - With two interior courtyards, a rooftop patio and private balconies for most suites, our residents will always have convenient access to nature.
- Our caring and professional team are exclusive to The Edward - We place great importance on ensuring our residents feel safe and secure in their homes, which is why our Wellness Navigator (Registered Nurse) will ensure that infection prevention and control protocols are strictly followed, with ongoing training to The Edward team.
The Edward is here to support Calgary seniors. Please reach out if we can be of assistance. You can find our contact information here.