With move-ins scheduled to begin this fall, The Edward celebrates your freedom of choice by empowering you to experience truly independent retirement living in Calgary. You are in control, and decide how you want to enjoy your life and retirement. From making the most of our flexible five-star dining experience, to our concierge, chauffeur service, amenities and curated programs; it’s all here and more.
Health and wellness are also essential parts of a life well lived. At The Edward, we are dedicated to offering our residents a lifestyle without compromise – one where you can thrive and be your most vibrant self in any situation. Every day, we are going above and beyond to ensure our future residents’ health and wellness needs are met and exceeded.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had many conversations with Calgary seniors and their families. By reaching out, we have learned that people are really looking for peace of mind and reassurance during a time filled with uncertainty. With this in mind, we have detailed a list of The Edward’s key points of difference for your consideration.
The Edward Difference – Key Highlights:
- A spacious boutique residence – With only 95 individual suites, and over 90,000 sq.ft. of space, you will never feel crowded. The forward-thinking architecture and design of our residence allows us to implement effective social distancing measures as needed.
- Modern security and surveillance system – Our residence is equipped with a high-tech video surveillance system, secure entrances and screened visitor access. We have full control over who comes into The Edward.
- Automatic and keyless entry – To minimize touch points, we have integrated automatic doors and keyless suite access into our design.
- Individually temperature-controlled suites – Due to concrete construction and design, each suite is self-contained with its own HVAC (heating, ventilation and cooling system), and fresh air is circulated from the outside into the suite. In common areas, we have installed an advanced ventilation system, and air flow can be redirected and managed with ease.
- Elevator use and sanitization - If social distancing measures are implemented, The Edward’s north elevators will exclusively go “up”, while the south elevator will go “down”. One person at a time will travel in an elevator, with sanitization after each use.
- Hotel-like room service - If residents are required to remain in their suites, our Red Seal Executive Chef will ensure that healthy and fresh meals are available to all residents at all times, inside their suites.
- Abundant outdoor space - With two interior courtyards, a rooftop patio and private balconies for most suites, our residents will always have convenient access to nature.
- Our caring and professional team are exclusive to The Edward - We place great importance on ensuring our residents feel safe and secure in their homes, which is why our Wellness Navigator (Registered Nurse) will ensure that infection prevention and control protocols are strictly followed, with ongoing training to The Edward team.
As Alberta continues to reopen, you will find us working from our Leasing Office inside cSPACE King Edward. We are open by appointment for an in-person visit when you are ready, and are also happy to connect on the telephone or via video chat. The Edward is here to support Calgary seniors, and we are here for you.
Just reach out if we can be of assistance. You can find our contact information here.