September 30th, 2022
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation 2022
Today, Optima Living joins with people across Canada in observing National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
We stand with Indigenous Peoples across Turtle Island, and Canadians from coast to coast to coast, in commemorating the harms of the residential school system, and the impacts that last to this day. As a company, we are committed to learning more. As individuals, we know we have much still to learn.
Optima Living operates high-quality seniors’ living communities across the lands now known as Alberta and B.C.
We acknowledge that the lands where our communities stand, that our staff and residents call home, are the traditional territories of diverse Indigenous Peoples:
• the Cree and the Dene First Nations;
• the Blackfoot Confederacy including the Siksika, the Piikuni, and the Kainai Peoples;
• the Métis Nation;
• the Stoney Nakoda and the Nakoda Sioux;
• the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations;
• the Syilx Okanagan Nation;
• the Secwepemc Nation;
• the Tk’emlúps te Secwe̓pemc;
• the Tsuut’ina Nation;
• the Saulteaux;
• the Wesley, Chiniki, and Bearspaw;
• the People of Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3;
• the Coast Salish Peoples;
• the Quw’utsun (Cowichan) Tribes;
• all Peoples of Treaty 4, 6 and 7 territories;
• and many more.
Last year, we made the commitment to keep learning, keep caring, and to keep remembering the tragedies, the Treaties, and the need to do the work, hard as it may be, for real Truth and Reconciliation. We continue that work.